6th International Disaster Mitigation Specialty
Co-Chairs: Alan Lloyd and Ioan Nistor
The Disaster Mitigation Specialty Conference focuses on assessing, analyzing, and mitigating the effects of natural and anthropogenic disasters on infrastructure and society. The conference will explore the impact of disasters including extreme weather events, blasts, fires, tsunamis, and other extreme events from the perspectives of risk assessment, forensic engineering, field measurements, numerical modeling, experimental programs, prevention and mitigation techniques and emergency planning. The conference will feature Special Sessions with a focus on floods and performance-based seismic design with keynote specialty presentations by Prof. Colin Rennie and Prof. Murat Saatcioglu, respectively.
- Special Session on Floods: Keynote by Prof. Colin Rennie, University of Ottawa
- Special Session on Performance-Based Seismic Design: Keynote by Prof. Murat Saatcioglu, University of Ottawa
- Technical Session on Protective Design: Chaired by Abass Braimah, Carleton University
- Technical Session on Climate Change: Chair TBD
- Technical Session on Fire: Chair TBD
- Technical Session on Disaster Management: Chair TBD
Conference Chair – Lloyd Waugh, P.Eng.
CSCE National – Lois Arkwright